Dhruv Shah is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Tax department. He regularly provides legal and tax advice to local and international clients on a wide range of matters, including income tax, value added tax, cross-border investment, corporate and family restructuring. He also assists clients with setting up operations in Kenya, and handling complicated Kenya Revenue Authority tax audits including representing clients at the Tax Appeals Tribunal.
Dhruv is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Law Society of Kenya
2021: Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2018: Bachelors of Law (LL. B) Honours, Strathmore University
Jun 2021 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Mar 2021 – Jun 2021: Intern, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jan 2020 – Dec 2020: Trainee Lawyer, DLA Piper Africa, IKM Advocates, Nairobi
Nov 2018 – Dec 2018: Intern, Bowmans: Coulson Harney LLP, Nairobi
Apr 2017 – Jun 2017: Intern, Bowmans: Coulson Harney LLP, Nairobi
- Providing advisory and restructuring services to an Asset Finance Company operating in various towns in Kenya and across Africa, with respect to capitalization of its retained earnings in the most tax efficient manner.
- Advising a Multi-National company with operations in Africa and Europe in connection with the tax implications of establishing a foreign branch of a Kenyan company in order to streamline various shared back-office services.
- Advising a Global Logistics Company based in the Middle East in connection with restructuring options available to create legal and tax efficiencies, including assisting with the restructuring of debt and equity of the Company and its Subsidiaries to achieve the proposed efficiencies.
- Acting for an Export Processing Zone (EPZ) Enterprise that manufactures nutrient-rich food to tackle sever acute malnutrition, in connection with a tax audit by, and dispute against the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Advising various Ultra High Net Worth Individuals in connection with issues ranging from tax planning and, restructuring and investment planning to succession and estate planning.
- Advising clients in connection with setting up operations in Kenya.
56 / 77