Wossenyeleh Tigu is a Consultant and Attorney at Law with more than 25 years of legal expertise in transport, telecom, construction and insurance sectors. At MTA, Wossen leads transactions involving the telecom, real estate, construction, transport and logistics sectors. He is also a litigator representing clients before judicial and ad-hoc tribunals.
- Ethiopian Lawyers’ Association
1989: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Addis Ababa University
2014- Date: Consultant and Attorney-At-Law
2012- 2013: Division Manager, Insurance and Claims, the Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise
2010 – 2012: Head, Legal and Insurance Service, the Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise
2008- 2010: Head, Legal Services – MIDROC Construction Ethiopia
1999 – 2008: Head, Legal Service and Director of Legal and Consumer Affairs, Ethiopian Telecommunication Agency
1989 – 1999: Legal Expert, Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank in connection with the provision new product services to the Ethiopian market. to their new product.
- Acting for a client in connection with the acquisition of shares of Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise.
- Acting for Newmont Mining Corporate in connection with its investment in an Ethiopian mining company.
- Acting for Radisson Blu Hotels in connection with its investments and corporate structuring in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Chinese Development Bank and EXIM Bank in connection with vendor financing arrangements with Ethio-Telecom.
- Acting for Chinese EXIM bank in relation to holding and processing security over long term loan to the Ethiopian Airlines Hangar Project.
- Acting for Microsoft in with queries on data storing, data security and privacy and telecom licensing.
- Acting for MTN in connection with an internal company issues in Ethiopia.
- Acting for ROM Transportation Engineering in connection with its consultancy on the Addis Ababa Parking project.
- Acting for Samsung Africa in connection with investment in the telecom and IT sectors in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Heineken in connection with new investments and expansions of their products in Ethiopia.
- Acting for the London School of Economics and Political Science in connection with employment related issues in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Voltalia as a potential ESCO in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Marie Stopes International Ethiopia (MSIE) in connection with different transactions and entity structure.
- Acting for Sky Aircraft Leasing Company in connection with its aircraft lease dealing with the Ethiopian Airlines.
- Acting for Schulze Global Investments in connection with their potential real estate investment.
- Acting for Schulze Global Investments, Oxford Amagalmated and University of South Africa in court and arbitration litigation proceedings.
2 / 5