Associate | Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
Bole Road, General Seare Makonnen Street, near the European Union Delegation to Ethiopia, Tensae Building, 2nd Floor, Office No. 001
Telephone:+251 11 6 672341 or +251 11 6 672271
Ms. Hibist is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). She mainly assists on labour, civil society law, commercial and corporate law. Hibist also assists the Principal Attorney as well as the management advisory team of MTA in various administrative tasks.
- 2019 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Debre Berhan University
Sept 2019 – Present: Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
Aug – Sept 2019: Assistant lecturer at Debre Berhan University
Feb – Jun 2019: Intern at Federal High Court, Lideta Bench, Addis Ababa
Nov 2018 – Jan 2019: Legal Councillor at Debre Berhan University Free Legal Aid Service Centre
- Conducting a legal research and contributing to the World Bank’s survey in relation to joint World Bank / World Trade Organisation project supporting the AfCFTA negotiations for the government of Ethiopia.
- Acting for Dexis, Boortmalt, Girl effect, Commercial International Bank of Egypt in connection with the review of their managerial and non-managerial employment contracts.
- Acting for Pagatech, Cowater Sogema, Holland Dairy, Dexis in connection with reviewing of employment handbooks/manual and collective agreements.
- Acting for Highlight Trading and Tadcob in connection with drafting managerial and non-managerial employment agreements.
- Acting for Mercer in connection with annual update of the Worldwide Benefit and Employment Guidelines.
- Advising Abyssinia Integrated Steel in connection with share purchase agreement, asset sale agreement and board resolution.
- Acting for Master Card, University of Biritish Columbia/CIRDI SUMM project, Cerberus, Mercer, Novartis, Marubeni, Lawtons Africa, Apposite, PVH, move one Packaging, American Institutes for Research Assist in connection with provision of employment related legal advice.
- Acting for Orphan Care Ethiopia and Abyssinia Integrated Steel in connection with drafting a memorandum of understanding.
- Acting for Girl Effect, Ethiopia Stroke Initiative, DCAF, Orphan Care Ethiopia in connection with providing legal advice in the operation and/or registration of the Civil Societies Organizations.
- Acting for Clifford Chance in connection with conducting legal research on Clean Hydrogen projects in Ethiopia.
5 / 9