Jean-Vincent Dacruz joined BLC Robert in 2021 and is an Associate in the Banking and Finance team. Jean-Vincent focuses on both domestic and cross-border transactions in numerous areas and in providing regulatory/compliance advice to banks and financial institutions.
Jean-Vincent was admitted to the Bar of Mauritius in January 2021. He took law at the University of Kent and was called to the Bar of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in 2019.
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Mauritius Bar Association
2021: Called to the Bar of Mauritius
2020: International Civil-Commercial Mediator, ADR ODR International, London
2019: Called to the Bar of England and Wales
2015 – 2018: LL.B (Hons.) Law, The University of Kent
Jan 2022 – Date: Associate, BLC Robert & Associates
Jan 2021 – Dec 2021: Junior Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
Oct 2020 – Dec 2020: Pupil Barrister, Chambers of Desire Basset, SC, GOSK
Jun 2020 – Sept 2020: Pupil Barrister, Gujadhur Solicitors
Sept 2019 – Mar 2020: Pupil Barrister, Benoit Chambers
- Assisting in the financing of a waste to value management plant in Mauritius.
- Assisting the local branch of a multinational bank in connection with complying with the local risk management.
- Assisting a local bank in connection with the financing of a green energy project in Mauritius for the recycling of industrial waste.
- Assisting GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance on the applicability of sovereign immunity in connection with the enforcement of an arbitral award resulting from their Covid-19 Vaccines Global Access facility agreement.
- Assisting the Mauritius Commercial Bank in connection with their (USD 1 billion) dual tranche syndicated term loan facility. The facility is the largest financing to a corporate borrower in Africa date.
- Currently assisting a pool of foreign banks in connection with the offering of senior secured notes in a local company.
24 / 24