Senior Legal Executive | ALN Mauritius | BLC Robert & Associates
2nd Floor, The Axis, 26 Bank Street, Cybercity, Ebene 72201, Mauritius
Telephone:+230 403 2400
Kawthur Soreefan is a Senior Legal Executive at BLC Robert. She joined BLC Robert in 2016 as a pupil barrister and since then forms part of the Corporate and Commercial team. Since joining BLC Robert, Kawthur has been involved in the drafting and reviewing of various legal documentations relating to corporate and commercial transactions. Kawthur has conducted due diligence exercises in respect of various entities incorporated in Mauritius and has equally assisted in the preparation of legal opinions pertaining to merging and acquisition transactions. Kawthur has recently advised a petroleum company on the Mauritian law implications of its proposed IPO in the UK.
Kawthur studied law at the Middlesex University. She completed the Bar Professional Training Course at University of Northumbria and was called to the Bar of England and Wales at the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple in 2016. Kawthur is also a member of the Mauritius Bar Association and the Bar Council in the United Kingdom.
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Honourable Society of Inner Temple
2015-2016: Bar Professional Training Course, Northumbria University, U.K.
2012-2015: Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Middlesex University.
2022 – Date: Associate, BLC Robert & Associates
2020 – 2021: Senior Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
2019 – 2020: Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
2018 – 2019: Junior Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
- Advised Vivo Energy in connection to its acquisition of Engen International Holdings (Mauritius) Limited by Vivo Energy’s subsidiary, Vivo Energy Investments B.V and on the Mauritian law implications of its IPO in the UK.
- Advised United Technologies Corporation, a systems supplier to the aerospace and defence
industry in connection to the Mauritian element of its multi-jurisdictional restructuring
- Advised the Seven Energy Group on its sale to the Savannah Petroleum Group
- Recently advised Ocorian Group and Estera Group on the amalgamation of Ocorian Corporate Services (Mauritius) Limited (“Ocorian”) and Estera Management (Mauritius) Limited with Ocorian as the surviving entity
- Recently advised a global impact investor in connection with its strategic partnership with a global investment company which was structured as a USD 500 million multi-fund investment
- Recently advised a USA incorporated multinational corporation, and a technology pioneer with market leadership in conversational Artificial Intelligence and ambient intelligence in connection with regulatory compliance matters
- Recently advised on the corporate aspects of the intra-group IP restructuring of Europe’s top
online payment solutions company
- Recently advised a leading Africa-focused telecom infrastructure provider in connection with
its migration from Mauritius and its subsequent listing
- Currently advising a giant agri-business group in connection with a corporate re-organisation
of its business portfolio
17 / 24