Associate | ALN Mauritius | BLC Robert & Associates
2nd Floor, The Axis, 26 Bank Street, Cybercity, Ebene 72201, Mauritius
Telephone:+230 403 2400
Leticia Esther joined BLC Robert in 2018 and is an Associate in the Banking and Finance team. She focuses on both domestic and cross-border transactions in numerous areas ranging from acquisition finance, project finance to structured or trade finance, and in regulatory and compliance advice to banks and financial institutions. Leticia was a secondee at The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, duration whereby she assisted them in their transition from the Libor.
Leticia also had the opportunity to play a leading role in assisting with financings aimed at keeping domestic economic operators afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Leticia read law at the University of Mauritius and holds a Masters with Distinction in International Business Law from the University of Central Lancashire.
2017 – 2019:Masters in International Business Law, University of Central Lancashire (in Collaboration with UOM
2012 – 2015: Bachelor of Laws with Honours, The University of Mauritius
Sept 2022 – Date: Associate, BLC Robert & Associates
Sept 2020 – 2021: Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
2018 – AUG 2020: Junior Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
2015 – 2018: Junior Lawyer, Kalexius
- Assisting a Mauritian bank with the preparation of template loan documents referring to term SOFR due to the cessation of LIBOR.
- Acted for Cape Biologix Technologies in a financing facility from the European Investment Bank in connection with construction of new facilities to produce the plant protein used as reagent in quick detection kits for COVID-19 and endemic diseases in Africa (in particular HIV, Ebola, dengue and yellow fever).
- Acting for a fund set up by one of the world’s leading state-owned investment and development bank in connection with the funding of the growth and development of a solar home system and liquefied petroleum gas clean cook stove product offerings in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Acting for a major African financing institution in a financing facility for the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines to be donated to health centres in Africa.
- Acting for a company operating under the aegis of the Bank of Mauritius in various local financings granted to economic operators affected by COVID-19 in connection to maintaining certain domestic economic operators afloat during these challenging times and to preserve jobs.
- Acting for a large multinational mobile telecommunications company in connection to a USD 1.2 billion refinancing and another USD 750 million financing from an Eastern European bank.
- Acting for a branch of a European bank in connection to financing for the setting up of a production plant in Iraq.
- Acting for a Southern African airline in connection to the acquisition of two aircrafts through a Mauritian company for a value of USD 24 million and guaranteed by a Mauritian security provider.
- Acting for a branch of the largest commercial bank of Mauritius in a financing for the development of a
real estate project in Mauritius.
- Acting for the local branch of a multinational bank in complying with the local risk management processes’ requirements.
- Acting and advising a local branch of a multinational bank in connection to the security package in a fund structure for the funding of an equity investment.
- Acting for two branches of a multinational bank in connection to a USD 19 million financing facility for the development of commercial complex in a Sub-Saharan African country.
18 / 24