Racheal is an Associate at MMAKS Advocates and works with the Property, Banking and Finance Team. She advises several local and international lenders, borrowers, funds and DFI’s in their financing and project development transactions in Uganda. In addition to her banking and finance expertise, Racheal advises an array of clients on commercial laws in Uganda.
She previously worked with Yiga Advocates and the Norwegian Refugee Council. Racheal holds an LLB (Hons) degree from Makerere University, Kampala and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Advocate of the High Court of Uganda
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Member, East African Law Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LLB (Hons), Makerere University, Kampala
Nov 2021 – Date: Associate, MMAKS Advocates
Sep 2019 – Oct 2021: Legal Trainee, MMAKS Advocates
Jun 2018 – Jun 2019: Project Assistant ICLA – Norwegian Refugee Council
Dec 2017 – May 2018: Associate, Yiga Advocates
Apr 2017 – May 2017: Clerkship Student, MMAKS Advocates
- Advising various clients in connection with their finance documents, including preparing, drafting, perfecting and reviewing of local security documents and all related documentation.
- Advising clients in connection with different legal matters, including stamp duty related issues, land ownership, the tenures system in Uganda, the banking regime in Uganda and online payments and cross border remittance services.
- Advising some of the top commercial banks in Uganda and Kenya, including preparing and registering securities on a day-to-day basis and keeping the banks updated on the status of their matters.
19 / 22