Shane Mungur joined BLC Robert in 2014 and works in the banking and finance group. Shane specialises in derivatives and structured finance. He advises international corporations on OTC-traded derivative transactions with Mauritian counterparties. Shane also advises clients on collateral arrangements.
Shane regularly advises Mauritian and international banks on domestic and cross-border financings, including transactions involving mezzannine and high yield debt.
Shane is a contributor to BLC Robert’s periodical newsletter “Banking & Finance Insights”.
2013: LL.M (International Financial Law), King’s College London, England
2011: Postgraduate diploma in legal practice, College of Law, England
2010: LL.B (Hons), University of Manchester, England
2009: Diploma in French law, Université Jean Moulin – Lyon III, France
2022 – Date: Senior Associate, BLC Robert
2019 – 2021: Associate, BLC Robert
2017 – 2018: Senior Legal Executive, BLC Robert
2014 – 2017: Legal Executive, BLC Robert
Awards and Recognition
2013: The Dickson Poon School of Law Prize for best student on the LL.M in International Financial Law 2012-2013, King’s College London.
Publications and Speaking Engagement
- Contributor to the publication of BLC Robert’s periodical newsletter “Banking & Finance Insights”
- Speaker at the Mauritius Institute of Directors’ local workshops on corporate insolvencies.
- Advised a Mauritian bank on the transition of its existing loan book developing new loan documentation to reference alternative risk-free rates due to the cessation of LIBOR.
- Advised an international lender on the impact of shifting its existing loan documents from LIBOR to alternative risk-free rates under Mauritian law.
- Prepared template documentation for an international lender to amend its existing loan agreements governed by Mauritian law currently referencing LIBOR.
- Advised an international bank on the validity and enforceability under Mauritian law of collateral arrangements entered under various ISDA credit support annexes and credit support annexes for variation margin.
- Advised an international bank on the capacity of a governmental authority to enter into derivative transactions.
- Advised an international bank on the enforceability under Mauritian law of collateralised forward arrangements documented under an ISDA master agreement with a Mauritian counterparty.
- Acted for a leading trading company in connection to commodity derivative transactions entered into by a Mauritian company.
- Acted for a European development finance institution providing an unsecured term loan facility to a regional development finance institution for on-lending to SMEs operating in agribusiness, social infrastructure, health, education, transports and logistic in Africa.
- Acted for a European development finance institution providing a facility established under the Cotonou Agreement for the part financing of approved projects in connection to climate action, renewable energy and/or energy efficiency.
- Currently acting for various international lenders, including a European development finance institution, in the financing of a hydroelectric power plan in the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire.
- Acted for an international bank in a financing transaction to a Mauritian bank secured by treasury bills issued by the Bank of Mauritius.
- Currently assisting a bank in developing security documentation capturing dematerialised securities deposited with central securities depositories.
- Advised a financial services provider on the securitisation of its credit receivables book.
10 / 24